5/14 Change in the Classroom environment
Change in the Classroom environment
Utilization for classrooms is in need as technology develops. Throughout the presentation by Mr.Paterson, one of the most inspiring topic for me was the interior ideas for the classrooms. The seats and desks were devised so the classroom could be changed easily for discussions and teachers. Throughout the 8 years in Japan, one thing I always felt uncomfortable was the unchanging classroom format. The sound of the desks and chairs were horrible during seat changing, discussions, lunchtime and cleaning. It may not be helped because my public elementary school was almost 50 years old, without not much money to be spared. Imagining the interior featured in the video exchange was superb, but I believe there are reasons why it is hard to come true. Comparing to other countries, Japan's money towards education is exceedingly low. If the fundamental problem can not be solved, the problem might remain for public schools and national schools.
The new learning ways excluding technology development had astonished me as well. When I used to live in China, we had computer classes from kindergarten. However, after returning to Japan, computer classes were much more scarce and started from 4th grade. Other country students have had the opportunity to interact with internet learning from their younger ages. This leads to having more capable adults to support the future of the county's technology. Japan might lose to other counties if this situation continues. Several schools in Japan have started including more technology in the class. I thought this was a positive thing, but at the same time, I felt the urge to fasten the process.
Utilization for classrooms is in need as technology develops. Throughout the presentation by Mr.Paterson, one of the most inspiring topic for me was the interior ideas for the classrooms. The seats and desks were devised so the classroom could be changed easily for discussions and teachers. Throughout the 8 years in Japan, one thing I always felt uncomfortable was the unchanging classroom format. The sound of the desks and chairs were horrible during seat changing, discussions, lunchtime and cleaning. It may not be helped because my public elementary school was almost 50 years old, without not much money to be spared. Imagining the interior featured in the video exchange was superb, but I believe there are reasons why it is hard to come true. Comparing to other countries, Japan's money towards education is exceedingly low. If the fundamental problem can not be solved, the problem might remain for public schools and national schools.
The new learning ways excluding technology development had astonished me as well. When I used to live in China, we had computer classes from kindergarten. However, after returning to Japan, computer classes were much more scarce and started from 4th grade. Other country students have had the opportunity to interact with internet learning from their younger ages. This leads to having more capable adults to support the future of the county's technology. Japan might lose to other counties if this situation continues. Several schools in Japan have started including more technology in the class. I thought this was a positive thing, but at the same time, I felt the urge to fasten the process.
Comments
Post a Comment