5/20 Technology and Japans future
Japan's awareness of technological education was surprisingly low.
While looking through the facts of schools overseas and companies such as Google,
I once again felt the difference between Japan and other countries. Once, I have visited my mom's company. Her job is a software engineer, thus, the main job in the company is technology and programming. However, the whole scene was completely different from what I saw in today's class
presentation. Scarce light came from the windows that faced the next buildings wall, and the main interior was basically desk and seats. The difference between overseas countries was obvious. Not only schools, but the company design is in need of devising as well. Making a huge change is difficult, but at least including a SPIDER meeting might be capable in companies as well. As a junior high student,
I thought we might be able to participate in the spreading of the discussion idea.
In the second half of the class, we learned the details of the SPIDER. It was the first time to head outside of school during class. The whole process had somehow made me more concentrated into the class, as well as emphasizing the problems around. One thing I decided to do that might help with our group work was trying to change to spectator mode during attending to school and class changes between each period. In addition, there was a new kinder garden built in my neighborhood. The difference and divestment done were visible even from the outside. The whole building was made of wood, and the ceiling had big gaps for light to come in. Although the area was rather narrow, trees and bushes seemed to be covering half of it. I thought it would be a good example and many ideas could be gained from visiting. It was the first time I felt the positive changes in Japan. In the future, I hope to catch sight of more buildings such as the ones today.
Comments
Post a Comment