6/3 Keys to presentation


 Today, we were given a presentation from Mr. Paterson about creativity and innovation.
Firstly, I noticed the photo and font layout in the topic slide. The log house's details, such as interior was unseen in the first point, which made me more curious about the whole building. It might be another device to make the audience more interested. In addition, the font, slide design was matched to the photos as well as the whole presentation. The story and experiences were talked in details, which made the whole presentation contents more realistic, thus convincing. After finishing hearing, I had the same feelings as university students "I want to challenge to something new." Other things that came up in our group discussion afterward the present, was body language and questioning.
Both of the elements lead to conveying a stronger message, as body language leads to visualizing and questioning means thinking the whole content as a personal topic. We hope to take in the knowledge and thoughts into our own presentation.
 One experience I had which relates to today's class content(message) was the difference between using notes and not using notes during presentations. When I used notes in order to do my presentation, there were word and time lacks in sentences. In addition, the interest of the audience, and my enthusiasm towards the topic seemed less, probably because the body languages and eye contact lessen. This often happens when the whole audience is small scaled. On the other hand, at places where the audience's scale is bigger, I feel more nervous as well as enthusiastic. As a result, the practice and contents seem to interpret deeper in my head. In the end, the reasons and purpose to use notes disappear. From this experience, the inform "Do not use notes," seemed more reasonable and convincing. I hope to stop myself from using notes and be capable to speak more fluently.

Comments

Popular Posts