6/24 The important basics of presentation


 Today, three teams had presented during the class about the problem of this TGUISS and how to solve it. I have learned several more presentation skills and rules throughout the period, as well as other teams ideas and thoughts. One of the things I have noticed throughout the class was how each team had different ways and sequences to present. One had decided three perspectives which were "chairs and desks," "comfortable libraries," and "plants in classrooms." However, one had talked in a sequence, "Now," ideas," and "importance". I thought that all of the ways were valuable and depended on the contents of the presentation. For future extensions, I thought it would be important to understand the most suitable slides for each content. Another notice was how several teams included official data while some had their own opinions and thoughts in the middle. Our team's presentation basically only included our own ideas and thoughts. For more persuasiveness, I hope to include several more official data as well.
 We were also explained about the basic presentation skills by Mr. Paterson through the class. The main skills that I felt myself struggling with are having eye contact with the whole class. Unforgetting movements(not standing but walking) and sending out body language while focusing on the content and speaking fluently has been a big challenge. I hope to make body language something that naturally comes out with the words for a start, and connects eye contact and movements together. Therefore, the first thing I decided to accomplish was inserting and practicing the contents in order to say them at least without hesitation and difficulty. This might also connect to another important skill which is to look at the audience and not the slides. Although I also thought this really lead to teamwork as well. The main reasons of glimpsing at the slides and laptops are basically because I and my team members were anxious about whether the slides were changed in the correct timings. I think we should also put in the effort to not only understanding our own slides but knowing the others as well as thinking together. Speaking about "teamwork," the conversation between teammates such as "thank you 〇〇," " next 〇〇 is going to talk about..." is important and necessary as well. Our teams
turn to present has still not approached, so I hope to extend our thoughts and ideas with each other more deeply and increase practice time through this week.





Comments

Popular Posts