7/2 Reflection from two perspectives

 My first presentation in an English group was a fresh experience. As an individual reflection, I noticed myself using "uh" for several times especially in the start. It was a surprise since I was unconscious about it until watching the video. In the start of the term, the same problem had been an essential point. However, throughout the term, Mr. Paterson taught us that it comes from un enough practice. In spite of this, I thought more practice would be in need until the speech comes out naturally even in place of tensions. Another point was that I laughed at my mistake during the start of the talk. The fundamental problem would be the actual mistake, but the reason for laughing possibly comes from the lack of confidence and nervousness. Either way, the solution to it would be practice as well. Lastly, was how I repeated the same words several times. In the talk, I had actually included several more thoughts which were not included in the practice talk. To this problem, more than practice, I feel the strength of ad-lib was lacking as well as conversation skills. In conclusion, I thought to take the summer vacation as a good chance and solve these problems and habits.
 As a group, there are also three major points. The first point was how the sequence of mouth, brain, and heart was unnatural. In order to equalize the amount and time of talk, our team had divided the last (conclusion, summary, limitation, one last thing, references) between the brain and heart. I thought this might lead to confusing each member's actual roles. By putting more information and data in the brain's part, the presentation could be divided equally into three, and the sequence would
be more natural as well. The next point was the content of the presentation. The solutions towards the problems were basically what the "school" can do and not the "students." In order to increase the persuasiveness of the presentation, it would be more effective if we could include several ideas from the perspectives of what the "students can do." Lastly, was the looks of ourselves. I thought we should have similarize the looks in order to symbolize the unity in between as a team. As a summary, these are the considerable problems and the solutions towards it as a individual as well as a team.


Comments

Popular Posts