9/3 Crowd sourcing: improving our team presentation
After a long period of summer vacation, today had been the first class in once a while. thorough out the class, we learned and consulted in basically "crowdsourcing." Before going inside the class contents, I hope to reflect my summer vacation from the point of the execution of the team presentation. To be honest, our team have not prepared as much for the presentation during the summer vacation. As a result, it might have been difficult for us to present our presentation in a perfect state if it was planned today. Although, we rewatched the video of last semester in order to reflect the positive as well as negative points. For instance (Either than the facts that we noticed last semester), I was aware of the fact that at several parts, the slides and the speakers talking contents was unmatched. In addition, looking back at the contents, evidence, and authority for our insistence(opinion) was insubstantial. In spite of this, crowdsourcing is considerably a new solution
(countermeasure) towards this problem.
(countermeasure) towards this problem.
In the start of class, we learned and crowdsourced about "plagiarism." Plagiarism is an action where you borrow or use a sentence, paragraph from a book or internet site without pointing out the fact and reference. Although the word "plagiarism" had been rather familiar, it was the first time I actually concentrated on researching and reading essays about the descriptive action of the word. The student plagiarism has been a problem in Japan for a long period. From the perspective of personal research, I felt difficulty in searching for a research(essay) un input in the list. Therefore, even though I first searched for an essay related to Japanese schools, I altered my search point to Asian schools. However, from the point of crowdsourcing, I felt the convenience, as it prevents people(related in the crowdsourcing) to repeat and check the same site over and over. In my opinion, I thought this would really lead to saving time, as well as collecting more information.
Lastly, we were provided the time to crowdsource our own team's presentation topic. In addition, time to plan about due to next week team presentation. By crowdsourcing actual formal essays about the topic, I thought it would lead to more conviction to our presentation. The reason for this is because the actual facts included in the essay, or the essay's insistence itself would lead to authority, as I mentioned in the start. Although we did not have enough time to collect as many sources during this class, our team has planned to extend the search throughout the whole week. In addition, I hope to look into other teams research results(class list) as a reference if possible. The presentation is next week, and I hope our team would be capable to present a presentation in a perfect state. In detail, basically by reflecting the primary rules as well as the experience from the first period. Of course, we also hope to make more application to the presentation from many points of views.
Comments
Post a Comment