10/15 After the presentation
Through today's class, team 1 had their presentations. Overall, I thought the contents of the whole talking were enriched and agreeable. To start with, the mouth started in introducing the problem of classrooms. One of the contents I agreed was, were using whiteboards instead of blackboards and electric blackboards. Obviously, our school does not contain enough money; affording electric blackboards would be difficult. However, looking around the school, whiteboards that seem to be unused are often seen especialy in the W building. If the school could bring these whiteboards to the N building, (where almost every classroom is using blackboards), the problem would be solved at no cost. Next, ICT problems were mentioned. It is true and understandable that Japan has too little ICT education. Back in elementary school, it was rather good if we could use computers once in a month thorough out class. In addition, the condition of computers was horrible. Eventhough, most of my classmates enjoyed the time; which shows the fact that students' enthusiasm does indeed increase while the use of ICT. After entering this school the usage increased. Although it is still a fact that it is not enough. In order to accelerate the learning of students, I agree with team 1 to increase ICT classes.
Lastly, they also introduced the outside environment. One point I honestly agreed to, was the difficulty in transferring between classrooms on rainy days. One problem is becoming wet; However, the biggest problem is slippery stairs, as the team mentioned. On rainy days, students struggle to hurry to the classrooms sometimes running up the metal stairs. This has actually caused some students to fall down. (fortunately uninjured) If the same incident continues a high possibility that someone would be injured exists. I think this is another part that the school should fix in the near future as well. Overall, these are the contents of the team's presentation I sympathized with and had opinions towards. Afterward, Mr. Paterson introduced (gave feedback) about the importance of team responsibility. As a member of my group, I really sympathized and learned from this feedback. An individual presentation is up to yourself, but a team presentation is not just yourself; you have to take the responsibility as a team member. I hope to keep this in mind thorough the next chance to work as a team.
Through the whole process of the presentation from the first semester, there are several things I have felt and thought, learned. To be honest, I felt it rather hard and tiresome work sometimes. It was the first time I was introduced to the basic rules of presentation as well as the slides. In addition, making infographics, sharing the presentation as a team, google sites, such activities have also been the first challenge. However, as I mentioned, although it was tiresome sometimes, I think it was really valuable and important learning. In addition, I have been feeling the effects of it already in other classes; presentations (talking in front of people) have become much more relaxable. In addition after learning the rules of slide making, the whole process has become much more speedy and planned.
I hope and are sure to use these skills and knowledge to the furthermore learning in this class as well as the scenes outside the class.
Lastly, they also introduced the outside environment. One point I honestly agreed to, was the difficulty in transferring between classrooms on rainy days. One problem is becoming wet; However, the biggest problem is slippery stairs, as the team mentioned. On rainy days, students struggle to hurry to the classrooms sometimes running up the metal stairs. This has actually caused some students to fall down. (fortunately uninjured) If the same incident continues a high possibility that someone would be injured exists. I think this is another part that the school should fix in the near future as well. Overall, these are the contents of the team's presentation I sympathized with and had opinions towards. Afterward, Mr. Paterson introduced (gave feedback) about the importance of team responsibility. As a member of my group, I really sympathized and learned from this feedback. An individual presentation is up to yourself, but a team presentation is not just yourself; you have to take the responsibility as a team member. I hope to keep this in mind thorough the next chance to work as a team.
Through the whole process of the presentation from the first semester, there are several things I have felt and thought, learned. To be honest, I felt it rather hard and tiresome work sometimes. It was the first time I was introduced to the basic rules of presentation as well as the slides. In addition, making infographics, sharing the presentation as a team, google sites, such activities have also been the first challenge. However, as I mentioned, although it was tiresome sometimes, I think it was really valuable and important learning. In addition, I have been feeling the effects of it already in other classes; presentations (talking in front of people) have become much more relaxable. In addition after learning the rules of slide making, the whole process has become much more speedy and planned.
I hope and are sure to use these skills and knowledge to the furthermore learning in this class as well as the scenes outside the class.
Comments
Post a Comment