9/30 Concentrating on detailed points

To be honest, I was somewhat relieved that the presentation was altered to another day. Although our team had finished the basic elements, such as google sites and adding more information(research) to support our idea and opinions, I still had a slight anxiousness that bothered me to be unable to have confidence. Afterward, I guessed that there were some parts I was still sure that were in need of more practice; In individual but also as a team. Although we had improved our presentation in individuals,
we have not been able to practice as much as a team. Therefore the understanding of our teammate's contents was slightly light. This perhaps leads to a lack of confidence as a whole team. In order to have confidence, I thought that cooperation as a team was important; after all, the presentation is not an individual work but a group work. In spite of this, I hope to use the days until the next presentation to focus on accelerating work as a team. This includes having an overview of what the other teammates are planning to do and becoming knowledgeable enough to present even when absent cases happen.

during today's class, Mr. Paterson introduced several questions from other students. We were addressed a new site called "snook.ca." This site allows us to be aware of the color contrast in order to make our presentation slide effective and understandable for color blind people as well. In detail, it shows the color and brightness difference. In spite of this, it also answers which type of color blind people can either be aware of the color contrast by "YES and NO." Since I had noticed some points in our presentation where it was hard to decide if the font had enough contrast, this site would be a perfect opportunity to know and revise if there were difficulties. Even though the audience we are presenting might not include color blind, it is still important to make a good check. One thing I noticed though hearing other team's presentation is that a single issue or point in the slides could lead to the quality down or have a great existence though the whole presentation, especially when all the other slides are perfect. Therefore I hope to exam our presentation from detailed points such as color contrast and avoid such happenings.



Comments

Popular Posts