11/18 The Details of Body Sentences
During today's class, we reviewed the rules to write an introduction. In addition, we were also introduced to the basics of the body section. After the previous class, we decided to delete the part which included "In this essay," and straightly start the thesis sentence. In addition, we are also considering the rewrite the hook; I feel it is still in lack of interest and the ability to pull the audience's attention. One option is to start with a common question. For the background sentence, I believe that inputting a short explanation about our current time allocation in the school would be suitable. In addition, we could also include a short introduction about the team members, such as how all of us have a Chinese background. Overall, this is what we improved after the previous class and the plans and considers.
The rules to the body sentence were,
1. introduction
2. supporting sentence ×3
3. conclusion
Although I have learned about these basics in the past, it was the first time I learned about the details in the supportive sentences. This refers to including a strong and effective reason in the first and last.
In addition, putting in the weakest sentence in the middle. Later on, I decided to include the reasons that incorporate more and prominence information in the start and the last. For the middle, the least.
The rest of the time was given to write a conclusion sentence. Although the details will be introduced in the next class tomorrow, I decided to write something similar to a thesis sentence. At the same time avoid writing the exact same sentence with the introduction. Furthermore to the next week, I hope to work on improving and adding new information and elements into the essay as a team, as well as in individuals.
Comments
Post a Comment