11/11 Rules and basics to establish
Through today's class, we learned several more basics about essay writing. First, we were introduced to the cautionary points of grammar. As I scanned through my own and the team's writing, there were several more personal pronouns than I could imagine. Especially, "We" and "Us" had been the most found amount, thorough my paragraph. Personal pronouns had been one element I studied before. However, since I was never taught about the reason "Why," I was unable to fix the habit perfectly. Personal pronouns should be avoided because it pulls the reader's attention to the "writer" and not the "contents" of the writing. After knowing this fact, I was able to reassure myself to avoid the pronouns. In addition, Later on, we noticed that the words "We" and "Us" could be exchanged into "TGUISS" and "students". On the other hand, contractions, and run-ons were not found through the whole writing, which was one of the big achievements. I believe it is because we were taught to avoid using theses contractions and run-ons in previous classes, and it has been an established habit.
Lastly, we also learned a new setting that would help us establish good or either dispose of bad habits. By using command F, we can search for personal pronouns as well as the contractions and much more from the whole essay. I thought this was a convenient and useful short cut.
Later on, we rearranged a sentence about a ferry door. The problem in the sentence was that it contained too many words, thus the points were unclear. The goal was to at least arrange it within 20 words and possibly under 12. Our team was able to lessen it until 13, but no more. Although this work was rather hard and tiresome, I noticed that it connects to advancing our writing aboundingly.
Finding better words for the sentence leads to searching for more advanced synonyms and better words. Overall it has improved the whole vocabulary in thorough the essay. We were also told that the work was important because of the number of words are restricted in an essay. Using unnecessary words should be avoided in order to include all of the contents you hope to state. Overall, these were the new basic we learned through today's class. I hope to improve our essay in spite of these rules.
Lastly, we also learned a new setting that would help us establish good or either dispose of bad habits. By using command F, we can search for personal pronouns as well as the contractions and much more from the whole essay. I thought this was a convenient and useful short cut.
Later on, we rearranged a sentence about a ferry door. The problem in the sentence was that it contained too many words, thus the points were unclear. The goal was to at least arrange it within 20 words and possibly under 12. Our team was able to lessen it until 13, but no more. Although this work was rather hard and tiresome, I noticed that it connects to advancing our writing aboundingly.
Finding better words for the sentence leads to searching for more advanced synonyms and better words. Overall it has improved the whole vocabulary in thorough the essay. We were also told that the work was important because of the number of words are restricted in an essay. Using unnecessary words should be avoided in order to include all of the contents you hope to state. Overall, these were the new basic we learned through today's class. I hope to improve our essay in spite of these rules.
Comments
Post a Comment