11/26 Finishing Touches

Thorugh today's class, we were introduced to the MLA references. Referencing has been a thoroughness rule thourgh multiple subjects and assignments; however, it is the first time I learned about the MLA references. Looking through the Core Components, there were numerous elements and contents I never included in the past references. I felt un accoustomed to the new reference at first, which caused me several minutes of struggling with the proper citing. Especially, there are still confusing parts, which in detail is "what to do when you can not find the Core Component in the site." For instance, I could not find the author of the site I viewed. Later on, I learned that there is a proper way to reference such blank parts as well. When I used to exceed a personal project(study) with a team, we were always reminded of the references; as a fact, it was included in the whole evaluation of the study. In addition, after graduating into university, formal essay writing will increase in which a proper and correct citing would become even more important. In spite of this, I really hope to work on becoming more accoustomed to the introduced MLA references.

Other than learning the MLA references, we also continued to improve the contents of the essay. We still have not finished increasing the AWL yesterday and used the left time to finish such finishing touches. Replacing the words with the AWL has still been a difficult work; It still took much time. In order to increase efficiency, I thought the best way was to remember the words on the list or at least understand the meaning of each word. This could possibly extract the work of researching the meaning of each word. At the end of the class, we were able to successfully lead the AWLs to over 7.
In my opinion, I felt keeping the balance of the readability and AWL balanced so both of it would hit high scores were difficult. After the increasing of the AWL scores, I suffered with the readability. The only current way to solve this problem was by increasing the sentence length together with the AWL words.  Overall, I am relieved that we were able to successfully finish the essay within the deadline and assigned requirements. However, this also refers to how we could not create a better essay then the given requirements; I felt the necessity of working harder.



Comments

Popular Posts