11/5 Introduced to essay writing

Though out today’s class, we learned the basics of writing a formal essay. Despite the fact that it was not the first time I write an essay, the contents we learned included tips and explanations that I learned in new. For instance it was the first time I was introduced to the “background.” I thought it was a important element in this terms essay, because the contents of our presentation includes reasoning of why and how did we decide to chose the particular problem. The background would be a good opportunity to explain why did we chose the problem and how did we end up with the decided contents.(recess, homework and vacation.) In addition, it was also the first time to learn about the thesis. I thought it was similar with the introduction where we include the main points of our essay.
However, as we learned in the making of presentation, it is important to make a difference between the introduction and conclusion. (Do not copy; repeat the exact same sentence/content.) I hope to keep this in mind and create the thesis.

The rest of the class was given to discuss with our teammates. Since one of our teammates were absent, we were unable to decide details. All we were able to do is to share the google doc for the essay between the group. Towards the next class I hope to plan the basic outline of the essay by rereading my brochure draft and reflecting the presentation. In addition it would be better if I could collect more information to include in my essay. Thorough the presentation I was only able to put in one or two. I would also prefer to discuss the idea between the whole team, to abound the information thoroughly through each comtent.





Comments

Popular Posts