3/2 Change In Fundamental Thoughts Towards Communication, IT usage, and Creativity

In the current situation where technology and IT have been accelerating through the years, my knowledge and usage towards such contents were drastically low before being participating in this class. In addition, my presentations and essays used to have been horrible, as I did not acquire the rules, skills, and tips. Honestly, though out this year which essays, reports, and presentations have been assigned constantly, this class's presentation and essays have always been the biggest burden as well as a project within myself. At the start of the year, I suffered to become accoustomed to the IT usages such as google docs, bloggers, and much more basic content. On top of this, I also had to endeavor to keep and remember formal rules of essay writing, presentation as well as English itself. However, it is also one of the best classes I feel that the contents were exclusively important and compliant for the future. Overall, there are three brief topics and skills I learned through this year which are communication, IT usage, and creativity.

Throughout the presentations and essays, we wrote throughout the year, I felt the improvement in communication skills. Before starting this year's class, the only concept of communication had been the communication towards friends, family, such as daily conversations. However, thorough this year, I acquired a new concept of communication from the learning of presentations. Thus, this is notable as the communication skills towards an "audience."One of the biggest achievements from the point of view of communication is "Body language." I learned that body language is a natural movement as well as a movement that should be calculated during presentations. For instance, small body language such as gestures, and nods could be a natural body language that is similar to a natural instinct. However, the hand moves during presentations that help the audience to understand the contents are the calculated body language that is in need of practice. In addition, I also learned that these body languages have a great influence on the audience.

From the point of view of essays, "Persuasiveness" is one of the communication skills I acquired and learned. Although communication is usually a concept in conversation, I also learned that it could also be reflected in writing. Although we were noted that referencing was important outside of this class, It was the first time I was introduced to the correct way of referencing, such as the details of document preferences. Though out learning these basic rules, I also learned the importance of referencing. In order to write a persuasive essay, collecting information and using it as a base of the writing is important. In spite of this, showing the reference credibility, and correct referencing is extremely sufficient. In addition, the concept of the essay is also an important element. Especially, I learned the necessities of a thesis. Without a thesis, it is hard to acknowledge the main points of the essay which are in need to increase the persuasiveness. In addition, with a summary thesis, it makes the reader much easier to remember the contents. Overall, I thought that communication is also reflected in writing from the point that it needs to contain persuasiveness, and also communicates with the reader's thoughts in one way. In addition, I also thought that perhaps a good essay is an essay that can communicate with the reader's thoughts and influence it in one way.

From the point of IT usage, apps such as Zotero, and Google contents (Bogger, google docs, google presentations, google sites and much more) refers to this. Before the start of this class, I even suffered using my own computer. In addition, I had no idea how to share a google doc, or create a website. It is true that I was able to learn these basic rules thourgh the year, but mostly, I learned the importance of including these elements in my daily life. While some people still insist on using the paper style, I learned the inconvenience of it, and how much IT helps in many points of view. In addition, I also thought Japan was an old fashioned country. After being introduced to the contents of this class, I feel IT as a tool to support my life, and also help me through studying and reducing an abounding amount of time. In other words, I learned how to adjust IT into my daily life, and use it enthusiastically.

Lastly, from the point of creativity, there are numerous contents that relate. In presentations and essay writing, creativity is in need to improve the audience's interest, as well as taking the project to a new level. For example, calculating the dopamine level of the audience, the design of slides, and much more important ethics relates to creativity. Throughout the learning of these ethics, I learned the role of creativity in a project and how it influences the audience. Infographics, brochures, site designs is also a content I included in creativity. I learned that creativity is an element that supports writing and a topic. For instance, more than simply writing in a doc, inserting it into an infographic, or a brochure might help the audience to understand and enjoy the content better. In addition, I thought that the stacking and improvement of creativity are what makes the presentation and essay, and many more projects to its new level. Without creativity, a project is just a "project" indifferent from others, without any appearance to influence people, which is the fundamental reason for a project.

In conclusion, these are the three contents I learned through the past one year. Comparing it to the final blog I wrote at the end of the first semester, I feel that this blog included what I learned through the year as well as how these learnings influenced my fundamental thoughts towards the three elements; communication, IT usage, and creativity. For instance, what I learned from the point of "creativity" does not only relate to this class but also relates to many other subjects. Overall, these are the representative and inspirational contents I learned throughout the year from the point of communication, IT usage, and creativity. In the end, I really think this class was a great experience and has changed my daily life in one way.










Comments

Popular Posts