6/18 Better performance for next semester

Through today's class, we were informed that the presentations were postponed until next semester. Due to the virus, numerous changes and shifts of plans have been occurring. Since I had almost finished my slides and were in the middle of practicing, it was a bit disappointing. Although, to be honest, I was mostly relieved that we were provided more time to prepare. In addition, the presentation style was changed into freestyle and not Pechakucha which was also an upside in my own opinion. Though the slide making of the Pechakucha, I was suffering to include all of the photos in one photo credit slide. In addition, since we were also informed to introduce some of the photos, I had confidence that it would turn out too small to do so if I forced all it in one slide. The freestyle allowed me to divide the photo credit into two slides which were rather convenient. In conclusion, I hope to take the freestyle as an advantage to improve the slides.

We were also introduced about CRAP and the youtube videos online. Despite the fact that I watched all of the youtube videos last year, there are numerous contents I feel in need of reviewing. For instance, after considering the elements of CRAP I noticed that there was a sufficient lack of repetition in my presentation. Most of the photos were used only once, including the outline photos, which we were informed to use multiple times for the section title slides. In addition, there were several slides where the fonts were in lack of visibility, thus color blind as well. On the other hand, I figured that the alignment in my slides was rather organized, as well as the proximity. However, after being introduced to the presentation slides our senpai created in the past, I felt that there were still various points that we in need of improvement from all four perspectives. I hope to endeavor in improving the slides based on the youtube video as well as examples provided from our senpais for better performance in the next semester.

<notes>
presentation postponed to next semester

watch youtube channel> high-quality presentation slides

by the deadline June 20

6 min max

no Pecha Kucha unless its inside 6 min

at least 4 and a half minutes

CRAP

contrast
repetition/repeated element

Comments

Popular Posts