6/2 The importance of face to face classes
After several weeks of staying at home, I felt incongruity to return back to school, as well as this class. However, I noticed myself concentrating much more in today's class, comparing to the online classes. The online classes were fine, but in my own opinion, it was difficult to participate with enthusiasm and without distraction especially when our camera and microphones were off; we could almost be doing anything behind the screens, and I felt that such freedom was a rather negative element provided to the students. (Although to be honest I have not been acting too earnest myself.) Our classroom changed as well, and I thought that the current classroom included much more elements such as moving chairs and desks and mat floors that improved the environment, thus, learning efficiency. To be very honest, the whole day had been tiresome, and I am confident to say that my life has changed pass several months. After weeks of days without school, my daily rhythm has changed a lot (rather in a negative) way, making it difficult to get accustomed to the school days. Therefore, I can not say that I was able to concentrate on today's class and the works comparing to before the occurrent of the pandemic. However, I still hope that normal school days will return as fast as it can, and hopefully without a second wave, as we were mentioned in today's class. In addition that the incongruity I felt in attending to today's class and futher on classes disappears though the course.
Throughout today's class, we learned about the new presentation styles called Pecha Kucha and Ignite. I thought it was a great way to save time, but also much more difficult than normal presentations. It is difficult to keep a balanced pace in speaking, even in normal presentations. Sometimes, I notice my talking pace increasing through the presentations as it moves close to the end. Therefore, anxiousness occurs when facing the fact that in Pecha Kucha and Ignite, these "balanced talking paces" will be in need of more. In addition, I also thought that the whole constitution of the presentation will be important as well. In case that the Pecha Kucha will be shifted into the ignite, the constitutions have to be strong and well processed in order for smooth shifts. For instance, if some of the unnecessary or sufficient information is included or in lack in the introduction and conclusion slide in each section, the shift might be difficult as numerous adjustments have to be made in order to fit the contents of Pecha Kucha correctly into Ignite. On the other hand, if the constitution is processed well than adjustments might decrease as well, allowing smoother shifts between the two styles. Overall, although I feel more anxious about the challenge to Pecha Kucha and Ignite, I hope to take it as a good opportunity to increase my presentation skills and become more accustomed to various presentation styles.
In addition, we also learned about the usage of time in photo credits and references. Throughout the presentations I have experienced, (although it is still a minor and limited amount) I sometimes wondered about the benefits and meanings in the photo credit and reference slide. Obviously, it is important and sufficient to show these references and photo credits; However, most of the audience including myself never really pays too much attention to these slides. For instance, I have never tried to research or relook the photos and sites someone included in their presentation photo credit and reference. As a fact, it is almost impossible to do so as even the presenting speaker skips through these slides quickly. Therefore I thought that the whole idea of the Pecha Kucha and Ignite acquired many more benefits and meanings in these slides. In addition, we also learned about the presentation styles in case it shifts to online. Although I feel much more embarrassed and nervous to present in front of many faces, I still thought that it would be better if we could prevent it from doing it online. As we were explained in the class, the way we include emotions and the detailed expressions in our speaking will be much more needed in these online presentations. I also thought that it could be good training, but to be honest, again, I really feel anxious towards these online presentations as putting in emotion and detailed talking in my speaking is one of the things I am very poor at.
<Notes>
Pecha Kucha
each slide show having 20 slices
exactly 20 seconds
6m40sec
title
outline
section one 4 slides
section two 4
section three 4
summary conclusion
photo credit- explain of photo
this photo is especially impressionable becuase~
reference- cover gaps explain the reference
: this is especially interesting because〜
one last thing
1author
2summary
3critqe
ignite
15 15 3m
15 20 5m
how was it to participate in online classes, how was it to have the class for the first time
in a while
reaction
what I thought towards the presentation structures
etc
how life changed
Throughout today's class, we learned about the new presentation styles called Pecha Kucha and Ignite. I thought it was a great way to save time, but also much more difficult than normal presentations. It is difficult to keep a balanced pace in speaking, even in normal presentations. Sometimes, I notice my talking pace increasing through the presentations as it moves close to the end. Therefore, anxiousness occurs when facing the fact that in Pecha Kucha and Ignite, these "balanced talking paces" will be in need of more. In addition, I also thought that the whole constitution of the presentation will be important as well. In case that the Pecha Kucha will be shifted into the ignite, the constitutions have to be strong and well processed in order for smooth shifts. For instance, if some of the unnecessary or sufficient information is included or in lack in the introduction and conclusion slide in each section, the shift might be difficult as numerous adjustments have to be made in order to fit the contents of Pecha Kucha correctly into Ignite. On the other hand, if the constitution is processed well than adjustments might decrease as well, allowing smoother shifts between the two styles. Overall, although I feel more anxious about the challenge to Pecha Kucha and Ignite, I hope to take it as a good opportunity to increase my presentation skills and become more accustomed to various presentation styles.
In addition, we also learned about the usage of time in photo credits and references. Throughout the presentations I have experienced, (although it is still a minor and limited amount) I sometimes wondered about the benefits and meanings in the photo credit and reference slide. Obviously, it is important and sufficient to show these references and photo credits; However, most of the audience including myself never really pays too much attention to these slides. For instance, I have never tried to research or relook the photos and sites someone included in their presentation photo credit and reference. As a fact, it is almost impossible to do so as even the presenting speaker skips through these slides quickly. Therefore I thought that the whole idea of the Pecha Kucha and Ignite acquired many more benefits and meanings in these slides. In addition, we also learned about the presentation styles in case it shifts to online. Although I feel much more embarrassed and nervous to present in front of many faces, I still thought that it would be better if we could prevent it from doing it online. As we were explained in the class, the way we include emotions and the detailed expressions in our speaking will be much more needed in these online presentations. I also thought that it could be good training, but to be honest, again, I really feel anxious towards these online presentations as putting in emotion and detailed talking in my speaking is one of the things I am very poor at.
<Notes>
Pecha Kucha
each slide show having 20 slices
exactly 20 seconds
6m40sec
title
outline
section one 4 slides
section two 4
section three 4
summary conclusion
photo credit- explain of photo
this photo is especially impressionable becuase~
reference- cover gaps explain the reference
: this is especially interesting because〜
one last thing
1author
2summary
3critqe
ignite
15 15 3m
15 20 5m
how was it to participate in online classes, how was it to have the class for the first time
in a while
reaction
what I thought towards the presentation structures
etc
how life changed
Comments
Post a Comment