6/4 The matter of designs

Throughout today's class, we reviewed though cliff notes, spark notes, and thug notes. I thought the idea of summing a book into a video such as Thug notes with easy and humorous commentary was a good idea, especialy when the whole concept is made for students. (Although, as we were suggested in class, I do not tend to do it in my own presentation.) To be honest, from time to time it was difficult for me to understand the contents of the talk. However, the cartoons in the slides really helped me when difficulty occurred understanding the contents of the talk. I recognized the importance of visual elements through this whole experience. In addition, the videos also made a good example of how to structure a presentation and the balance between the sections. I used to try to explain too much about the book summary, reducing the time and space for the other sections. (Such as critique, analysis, and on.)  However, I learned that the summary does not necessarily have to contain all of the contents, but only the ones that are important and are in need to explain the 3B's or the critiques. In addition, I also learned how it is important to keep a good balance; not too many or too little for each section. Overall, I found thug notes very beneficial; In addition, I considered watching the other videos as well for furthermore ideas.

We also learned about the designs of the presentation slides. In addition, why as well as how, should we connect the contents and tone of the books to the design. I learned that considering and choosing a perfect font that fits the book is one of the most important tips. To be honest, I never really considered too much about the fonts. In addition, I used to think that fonts were only a minor and insufficient element though the whole design. Therefore, throughout the example where we were shown how the whole atmosphere of the slides could change with different fonts, I was surprised by it is influence and role in the design. Other than fonts, we were also explained about the photos and illustrations included in the presentations. In my own opinion, I thought that using illustration though the summary section was better than photos. It is difficult to explain the whole plot of the book with photos since it only shows one scene, and as a fact, there are limitations to resources. However, illustrations are easier to create by ourselves, allowing us to have fewer limitations in resources. I hope that I can find the correct font, and choose/include different types of resources that fit each section/ slide through the whole presentation.

<Notes>
spark notes
wisecrack
thug notes

how it connects to society
3B's
the philosophy behind the story

the design of the presentation should reflect the book
>considerations in making your own presentation

/colors
/fonts
/tone
/photos



Comments

Popular Posts