6/30 Introduced to new writing tools

Though today's class, we were introduced to new writing tools. Since I have also been curious about the other resources, it was great to learn about the website's usages and contents. Especialy, it was a surprise to learn about Word counters new features. Though out works, I mainly used Grammarly. However, as it was mentioned during class, Grammarly is in need of payment for full checks. In spite of this, I had also been feeling its inconvenience lately. Therefore, it was great to know about Word-counter's new features; In addition, I considered signing up if further issues occur while using Grammarly. Another feature that interested me was the student found writing sources. In addition, although the video introduced during class may have been a fundamental writing technic, it was the first time I learned about the contents. After personally rechecking the site personally, I felt the lack of my basics for sure. I plan to review several writing skills and basics through the usage of this site.
In addition, although the other websites may not be in use for the current work, I hope to keep in mind the contents in each site for future uses as well.

The remaining time was used for improving the essays and presentations. After seeing our senpais slides in the previous class, I felt that my presentation slides were in lack of uniformity with the book content and tone. The main issue was that I could not find a suitable font from the variety of fonts in google slides. I hope to research a way to input new fonts if it is possible. Other than the fonts, the whole template was also a big issue in need of improvement. Although it is based on the requirements and avoids the points we were informed to prevent from using, it was in lack of visual elements that descript and link with the contents. For instance, the introduced slide of our senpai that was based on the author's life had a visual element in the bottom (A line that ended with a circle in both ends) that connected with the next slide and showed the range of the author's life. However, my slides are basically all the same; photos in the background and a small text in the edges. I hope to prevent from including new texts but also endeavor in improving the slides so it includes more visual arts. In addition, since I also believe there are numerous other points that are in need of change, I hope to use the weekend and following classes to mainly find and devise my slides.










Comments

Popular Posts