7/20 receiving results

Through today's class, we received the grades of our academic book reviews. Although I was relieved that my grades were better than I imagined, there were still several errors in my writing that needed fixing. Especialy, the "Akw" was one of the errors that occurred most frequently in my wiring. In addition, after reading the comments I learned that a minority of the information I included in my critique was not accurate. I hope to reduce these errors at a fast stage during summer vacation. In addition, we were also given an explanation about how each element inside the essays was reflected in our grades. After given the example story from the perspective of stealing a banana, I understood the seriousness of plagiarism; even if it's a minor part. In addition, it was also the first time that I truly realized the necessity of references. Although to be honest, I sometimes thought referencing was a bit dull, such new learning and realizes lead to future motivation in working. I hope to always keep in mind the importance and necessity of these works.

During the class, we were also given a reminder of our blogs and summer vacation homework. Though this semester, I have not been able to keep up as much with my blogs. Although we were supposed to finish the blogs for the books during spring vacation, I only wrote 7, which is far away from the contents of the whole book. I hope to endeavor more in writing blogs in the next semester.
For summer homework, we were assigned to revise our book reviews and practice our presentations.
Since it is the first time we present on our own in this class, I am a bit anxious and nervous about the presentations. Therefore, I plan to take more time in practice and being accustomed to presenting by myself. Overall, although I am not as much confident about my grades due to my degree of completion in my blog posts, I hope to really reconsider working harder next semester.


Comments

Popular Posts