7/7 Turn it in
Throughout today's class, we were introduced to turn it in. Since plagiarism was a topic that I often learned in other classes as well, it was rather a familiar word. In addition, I frequently heard and even seen plagiarism though a minority of scenes, especialy during my life in Japan. However, it is also a fact that most of my teachers never minded checking plagiarism, except if there were obviously suspicious sentences. Therefore, through the course of creating an account and learning about Turn it in, I considered deeply about its necessities in Japan. In addition, I was surprised that the site was not as much distributed between the teachers. I hope the site spreads more widely throughout the country, though both students and teachers. If both sides acknowledge the existence of the site, students would feel more restricted from plagiarism, while teachers can be sure of students' actions.
After a brief explanation about the site, we were given time to check our own docs and submit it into a class file in order to gain feedback from the site. Although my percentage was rather high, most of it was affected by the references. In addition, more than 90 percent of the doc was in my own writing. However, there were also parts (written sentences) that contained a high percentage of contents from a particular site. After receiving the feedbacks, I changed the sentences and words in the remaining time. When knowing that the site only allowed us to submit the doc for 3 times in 24 hours, I was a bit anxious. However, it also led to rechecking my document more frequently and in detail in order to prevent from wasting the submission. In addition, this actually led to noticing that I forgot to copy and paste the summary part of my document, and my references were still in the incorrect format (not MLA 8th) due to Zotero's bug. Overall, I personally thought the site was a very useful and necessary site though the country through today's class.
After a brief explanation about the site, we were given time to check our own docs and submit it into a class file in order to gain feedback from the site. Although my percentage was rather high, most of it was affected by the references. In addition, more than 90 percent of the doc was in my own writing. However, there were also parts (written sentences) that contained a high percentage of contents from a particular site. After receiving the feedbacks, I changed the sentences and words in the remaining time. When knowing that the site only allowed us to submit the doc for 3 times in 24 hours, I was a bit anxious. However, it also led to rechecking my document more frequently and in detail in order to prevent from wasting the submission. In addition, this actually led to noticing that I forgot to copy and paste the summary part of my document, and my references were still in the incorrect format (not MLA 8th) due to Zotero's bug. Overall, I personally thought the site was a very useful and necessary site though the country through today's class.
Comments
Post a Comment