9/1 Group presentations
Though today's class we practiced our presentations in a group of four. During my presentation, I felt difficulty in talking fluently and loudly. Since I took my Flipgrid video at home, including all of my presentation practices, I did not consider the loudness of my voice the majority of the time. Although it partially might relate to how every presenter from the group was talking at the same time, I found it very difficult to deliver a clear voice, even in a small group of four. After such experiences today, I thought to practice the loudness of my voice at home as well. Another problem I noticed was that my presentation was too long. One of my groupmates advised me to try to shorten the concept. In addition, due to such time problems, I also noticed that the speed of my talking was too fast and busy. Such problems made it difficult to include creativity inside my presentation. These were the basic points I noticed myself during my presentation today.
Other than personal notices I also received feedback from my group mates. One of them told me that I was in a lack of eye contact. Since eye contact is an element that you can only practice in front of people, it was the first time I noticed and considered the problem. In addition, although it might be difficult to practice eye contact itself at home, I decided to endeavor more in my presentation practice in order to create confidence and margin for eye contact at the actual presentation. Other than presenting, I also listened to others and gave feedback as well. All of the presentations were interesting, especialy each one had different outlines, concepts. One of the most inspiring presentations included a great slide with illustrations of the actual characters in the book. Since most of my slides only contained a brief photo each, I thought to try to include more visual arts and easy to understand illustrations/designs. Overall it was great to have an actual opportunity to present and hear others' presentations, before the actual presentation. I found the feedbacks and notices very valuable for further improvements.
Comments
Post a Comment