9/15 Slide designs and inspiring contents

Though out today's class there were a lot of inspirations I received from my classmate's presentations. For instance, the design of the slides. Multiple animations were included in the slides, which made it easier to understand the contents in the correct orders. Especialy, when it related to the book summary, such devices were effective to explain the plots. Another thing I noticed was that numerous of the people used different templates and sites from the google slides. Although I basically used google slides to create a simple template, I thought using other apps that allow detailed arrangements in the design may help to create a better atmosphere based on the presentation contents. I hope to include the inspiration in my further presentations to improve its creativity. In addition, I am forward to learn more from the following presentations.

Another element was basically about the basic skills and contents of the talking. For instance one of the presenters talked about their personal experiences during the introduction that related to the book. This increased the authenticity of the presentation, knowing that the presenter has enough belief and conviction towards the book. Another thing I noticed through my own presentation, as well as others, was the difficulty of managing walking during talking. In order to walk in balance from the end to the end of the classroom, the contents in one slide had to be abundant. For instance, if the contents were too short, the presenter would not have enough time to walk until the end because they have to return to change the slides. Such problems made me difficult to make eye contact especialy with the people sitting in the far end. In addition, it was also one point I thought of a lack of practice, but a skill I definitely hope to acquire in the future.



Comments

Popular Posts