Presentation Reflection

Throughout my presentation, there were numerous points to consider and reflect. Although I accidentally deleted my presentation video by accident, the following are the points I recalled personally and gained from my classmate's blogs in full. 

Time Limits

First, is the time limit in my presentation. One point I notice and remember is the fact that my presentation video was 8-9 minutes. Though out presenting in small groups, one of the members pointed out this issue. Although I endured in fixing, and succeed in summing my presentation within 8 minutes in the practice state, the actual presentation did not end up to fit in. The considerable reason for this is perhaps because I replaced several contents and added new ones after forgetting to mention several planned lines. Another reason may because I reduced time in changing the slides. Despite the fact that I did practice walking during my presentation at home, one of the difficulties was guessing the difference in time between the actual route in the classroom. Though several slides, I finished quicker or either slower which lead me to rush back to the computer to change the slides. Such issues throughout these actions might also be one of the elements that lead to reducing time. 

Presentation slides

Next, is the design of the slides. One thing we were mentioned was to include keywords related to the contents. However, mostly all of my slides were in lack of these keywords and only included titles such as "conclusion" "summary" and so on. I thought this was one of the sufficient mistakes I made throughout the whole presentation, as it is one of the important elements that gives a big impact on the audience. In addition, since it was one of the points I noticed during the stage of group presentations it should have been a fixable problem as well. Fortunately, we also have the website videos, where I really hope to revise the slides and include in more keywords to send the message of my presentation fully. Another issue in my slides was how there were two types of designs. One is the simple design where I added white fonts directly on top of the photos, and another was placing a parchment-like element that included the fonts inside. I thought that such differences might lead to a lack of unity in the presentation. In addition, I planned to add such revises because some of the fonts were color-blind on top of several photos; Although I could have just altered all of it into the parchment-like designs.

There are several more points I noticed about my slides. First, is another lack of unity from the point of the combination of photos and illustrations. Although my presentation was basically designed with photos, several slides such as the author's life introduction included illustrations as well. After watching several presentations after my own, I noticed that multiple students were using photos during life introductions. In spite of this, I thought that I could of and was capable of altering the illustrations to photos. Next is the "conclusion" slide. Afterward, I noticed that there was a mistaken text box placed on the side of the slide with one letter. Since such mistakes should have been noticeable in the stage of practice, I was shocked to notice it later on. In addition, similar problems such as "white lines" were seen on my 9th slide as well. Although I planned to acquire it on purpose to make it easier to understand the separation between the characters, it could have been changed into different colors. Especialy, since the frame I used for my slides were also white, the whole slide could have been one of the most unprofessional designs. 


Talking and body language

The first time I saw my video, I was surprised to see myself using "Uhm"s at the very start of the presentation. Since the introduction was a sufficient point though the presentation to give good and impressionable impacts to the audience, I thought that this was again, one of the big errors. Other problems, were perhaps how I talked too fast. Although the speed was rather fine at the start, I remember myself increasing in speed as the presentation headed to the end. Due to such reasons, I also feel that my talking was in lack of creativity, thus strength and exaltation. On the other hand, I thought that I was capable to include abundant amounts of body language. In the previous presentation, I noticed myself placing my hands in front of my chest. However, I was able to keep my hands constantly moving or either on the side of my body during this presentation. Although there are both negative and positive points I consider personally, I hope to reduce the remaining negative points and continue with the positive points.

Contents

Throughout my presentation, I was not able to give out all of the authors 3B's. Since this was one of the contents we were assigned to regard in our book reviews as well, I thought it was an important content I should have included in my presentation widely and sufficiently. In addition, although I did mention it in the limitation, there was a huge amount of information and detailed flows of the story I could not include in the presentation. Personally, I think that it might have been better to choose a book, not in the middle of the whole series. Another thing I was anxious about was the order of the slides. Almost all of the students had their one last thing slides before the "thank you slide" while mines were the opposite. Since we were explained thoroughly about slide orders in the basics, I considered this as one of the issues in my presentation.

Overall, these are the things I noticed through my presentation. Although it was unfortunate how I could not reflect in detail due to the accidental delete of my video, I still noticed that there were a lot of considerable and reflecting points. I hope to endure in fixing such points towards the making of websites.





 

Comments

Popular Posts