5/12 News Bias
In today's class, we watched another video showing how the palatines houses have been stolen by the Jewish. I was shocked by how such happenings have been ignored by the international association, as well as how there is no law or punishments for it. Despite the fact that these happenings are occurring in the current, I have rarely seen the Japanese news report it. After seeing the videos, we also read several online news regarding the happening where 24 palatines including 9 children were killed by the bomb attack by Israel. Since TIMES was a news article I often enjoyed reading, it was a shocking fact that it included such bias about the palatines. In addition, I understood how much word choice can affect the impression or even deceive people in one way. In the current where the news stations and numerous media's are hiding or either transferring, extracting the important details, the truth of Palestine feels more and more difficult to know. After learning about what is really happening, we checked how the Japanese media have been reporting it in the news.
Although there was one article by "Gaimusyou(外務省)" telling the whole story and how Palestine needs to be saved, almost all the news articles included the same techniques as the English ones, using irrelevant words and headlines to make it as if Israel is the victim. Since we read these news articles after knowing the truth, it was easy to notice that the articles included bias. However, for someone who is not familiar, I believe that the possibility of being biased is drastically high. In addition, in the situation where much of the media is standing on Israel's side, the one article we found including the truth eventually may be misunderstood as fake. In order to save Palestine, more people around the world need to know the truth. In order for this to happen, increasing the number of news stations that intend to tell the truth is important. As such reliable news stations attract people's attention, more people might stand up to fight for Palestine. In addition, as the first step, I decided to ask my family whether they know the truth and share the information I learned in this class.
Comments
Post a Comment