5/19 The benefits of SNS
Throughout today's class, we watched several videos reporting how Palestine's buildings have been bombed by the Israels. Through the past classes, there were numerous shocking facts I learned; today's class was among one of these as well. I was astounded by the videos, and how such facts have not been reported extensively towards the world. Although the main assault might be Israel, the media who have been using passive and action words to bias the facts should be considered as an accomplice. In addition, I felt the difficulty to change the situation after learning about how a cordial relationship exists between America and Israel. Since America is one of the strong nations around the world, it would be difficult for other countries or the confederacy to oppose the country. In addition, after seeing how the children in Israel have been educated, I understood that changing Israel itself is as much as difficult. If the current situation continues, I can not imagine how much damage the Palestinians would need to afford; perhaps the Arabians and religious Jewish may really be pressured as slaves or disappear.
After returning home, I watched several videos in the doc including other videos on the internet/SNS. I was surprised to find out that one of the SNS influencers I knew lived in Palestine. Several days ago, he posted a video during an air raid alert and his refugee to the underground basement. Although the video was shacky, I could feel his anxiousness and fear, will to protect his life. I felt that such findings lead to a further relationship between myself and Palestine. In addition, these videos lead to acknowledging the fact that these happenings actually exist and his happening in the current. In my opinion, I feel that reading articles is important in order to gain information while watching videos has a bigger effect on emotions and is rather reliable since the happenings in the video itself are hard to deny. If there is something an individual can do, I believe using SNS to diffuse videos is the best solution to increase people's attention towards Palestine. Several of my classmates have been increasing posts relating to Palestine; I hope to respect them and act to improve the situation.
Comments
Post a Comment