5/25 How films effect stereotypes
Though today's class, we watched the movie "Real Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies a People." Although I do not watch Hollywood movies as much, it was shocking to know how they Vilifie Arabians in the movies. In addition, since the company is widely famous in the world, I can imagine the grave repercussion it had towards stereotypes and images of Arabians. Among the introduced movies, Alladin was perhaps one of the most familiar. In addition, I noticed that I may have been one of the people biased by such songs and characteristics. After watching the remade versions of Alladin last year, I noticed myself automatically distrusting the Arabians in the movie. Imagining how numerous people might have been biased in the same way led to consider how predominant such film elements are in stereotypes. People must attain skills to prevent themselves from being influenced unconsciously.
After returning home, I watched the remaining of the movie. From time to time, it was hard for me to understand the contents of the video as I suffered in reading the storyline and situation of the introduced movies. However, the last section, introduced how movies scripted by young directors were gradually changing. I thought it was a great fact that such movies were increasing. Not only Arabians but people from all religions, do not deserve to be discriminated against or pictured unequally. The humanity of all people needs to be respected, after all, film creations should be something all people are allowed to enjoy.
I would certainly feel uncomfortable if the film I watched included bad expressions of Japanese, thus my own country. I felt the importance to support young directors who respect the Arabian's humanity as an audience's duty.
Comments
Post a Comment