6/2 Main stream influence

 In today's class we looked through three websites; the information clearinghouse, Mondoweiss, and The electronic intifada. All of the three websites contained detailed information including interviews with the Palestinians, which differed a lot from the main streams. One of the memorable articles I read was about a Gaza mother experiencing bomb attacks around her building while trying to protect and calm her daughter in fear for 11 days. The article was written from the view of the mother, containing actual feeling expressions. I found it very easy to understand the situation of the mother and her family and not just an abstract view but from a realistic view. While talking in groups about what we found, we all agreed that the articles were intelligent, describing the palatines humanity in reality, and actually reporting the truth from the Palestine side. However, none of us knew or even heard about the information on the websites, despite the fact how drastic the situation is. I once again realized how well the media has been hiding the truth from the mainstream.

After a while, we were combined in small pairs with the other team. As expected, my pair knew none of the questions about the information I asked about. In addition, we tried to find articles in the mainstream about the happenings reported on the three websites. However, almost none of the information was found. In addition, even if it was, it included biased statements, or either only reported the happening in an abstract way. Although, after hearing about the fact that the idea of Isaralies iron man was abused by numerous people on the SNS, I learned that much more people than I expected was supporting Palestine and acknowledged the truth. I thought it was a matter of time for more people to protest for the country. If such people increases, freedom for the citizens may occur earlier in the future. In addition, us whom have the knowledge of what is happening should actively spread the truth.




Comments

Popular Posts