6/3 "Palestine is still the Issue."
Though today's class, we watched a video of Palestinian students being hindered from entering their houses due to security fences build by Israelis. The video contained a woman asking the Israeli guard "why?" multiple times but being rejected rudely. I learned that the actual situation of Palestinian students is much more severe than I imagined. Later during the class, we watched a video on Vimeo called "Palestine is still the issue" in a group. We stopped to recheck the situation of the video several times as some parts involved far too vicious actions by Israeli. The video included an actual interview with Palestinian citizens, engaging us to understand the reality of the country in detail. In addition, it also included a talk with the narrator and the Israeli government adviser. Throughout such elements, I learned how have both Palestine and Israeli have been seeing the problem in between.
The narrator and the Israeli government adviser having a talk(debate) is one of the biggest impressions I gained from the video. Israeli said that the terrorism they have been applying to Palestine is "a counter-terrorism," while Palestine's actions are included in "terrorism." However, I rather think that it is the opposite. How can bombing a school, hospital, or media-related building can refer to as "counter-terrorism?".The majority of the Israeli's statements sounded like excuses for their actions in my own opinion. Another scene was about a woman who executed a suicide bomb. Such intentions do not occur naturally during daily life. I wondered how much suffering results in an individual committing a suicide bomb; certainly not a normal level. Overall, the video included numerous scenes that I could not cover in this blog, but I thought that accepting Isareilis's actions is certainly something that should not be forgiven easily.
Comments
Post a Comment