9/10 Biased words/Defection in the election system
Though today's class, we searched for bias words conveyed in news articles and learned about the system and defections of the election system. I was surprised to find the biased word "defend" on the top page of FOX news. "Psaki defends not allowing charter flights from Afghanistan to land at US bases." My teammate also managed to easily find several more, revealing how FOX news is depressingly in lack of authenticity. However, most of the words would be unnoticed by normal readers, as I felt they were hidden well. I learned how important it is to always keep in mind that news articles are not always telling the truth, and accelerate the skills to distinguish bias words.
In addition, we also talked about the types of elections, as well as the election system in Japan. In a different class, we discussed how many young people in japan decide to not vote despite the fact that they possess the rights. Despite the fact that elections relate to such young people's future lives as well, most of the voters are from the elderly. In such situations, I somehow wasn't surprised towards how the percentage of voters in Japan only reaches 40-50%. Even in such situations, the media keeps on trying to hide the fact that the political systems do not work. I understood how many defections Japan posses in the election/political systems. In addition, if only the media decides to put more effort into not hiding the truth but showing the situation, more people could have felt the urge to vote. I felt such a waste in how the media is using their position.
Comments
Post a Comment