11/15 Warp-Up Of The Movie

 Throughout today's class, we finished watching the movie about cooperation. The scene where Alketa chased out the chain restaurants from their state was very impressive. Throughout the scene, a man said "if you don't like Pepsi then don't drink it." Such irresponsible comments from the cooperation sides shocked me a lot. On the other hand, rather positive scenes such as the speech from the company president also remained very clear. While the majority of the leaders seemed uncomfortable with his speech, I also saw a woman who seemed deeply affected by his speech. Such scenes showed how many cooperations think they are not responsible for their enormous effects on the environment. Although I am not a leader of any cooperation, I hope more leaders will reconsider their responsibilities and revise systems; such as this man.

Micheal Moore said, "After people see this document, people will do something." at the end of the video. To be honest, although the movie did contain a lot of shocking facts about the corporations, I somehow could not feel so relatable. I believe it is because the impression that "Japanese corporations are safe" still remains. In addition, large-scale demos are not so common in Japan, making it difficult to come up with any ways to stand up to corporations. In addition, I also feel that not many people embrace as many complaints to companies in Japan. Such social characters maybe perhaps why many other Japanese may not be able to feel relatable to this movie as well. However, for instance, the environmental effects that overseas corporations cause are not only that county's problem. A single company could cause a huge effect on the whole world's environment. I hope to tempt myself to truly feel relatable to this movie by finding(recalling) such points.


 







Comments

Popular Posts